Sunday 4 October 2020

different perceptions.

 'Congratulations; you have completed a light training regime'. Thus the message as I finished my session at the gym. 'LIGHT TRAINING!?!- I gave my all for the last hour!!!' Thus my reaction. Okay, I am very unfit after a six month lockdown and no visits to the gym;  I am just doing, as Mary and I start up again, half the times I used to row/stretch/pull etc, in twice the times I used to do, but there's no need to rub it in.

Different perceptions.How I think I'm doing and how you think I'm doing.Who I think I am, and who you think I am. There will always be differences, but maybe the gap won't be as wide as this one, from which I am still smarting. I suppose most of us have something of an informed perception of ourselves and it comes as a rude awakening when that is shattered. 

I come up across that shattering each time I hear the two great commandments; to love God with all our passion, prayer, intelligence and energy, and our neighbour as ourselves .I don't measure up. But I guess God and I agree, have the same perception, about my need of his grace.      

No comments:

Post a Comment