Saturday 10 July 2021

A kingdom, a house

 This 'building a kingdom' thing- a bit big, a bit abstruse for me. Even building a house in me seems like a hard thing, never mind a kingdom. 

The foundations, for one thing; are they secure? Do they go down deep enough? Will they support the rickety structure on top of them when flood and fire and wind and rain beat against this house? And as I look at the walls of my soul, cobbled together from this and that, constantly being replaced as they prove not fit for purpose, not strong enough; will this ever be a weatherproof house, where a king may live.  A palace it is not. 

The roof is leaky, with missing tiles; the whole is a shambles, constantly being fixed, sometimes with planning, most times with fire-brigade urgency. 

Yet a king lives there- I can't get over it. And sees it as precious, a palace. Maybe it will be, one day, God willing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment