Sunday 12 February 2023

fresh bread

 There's nothing like the smell, then the taste, of fresh bread. Hot, straight out of the oven ( more likely the bread making machine today), or cold, thickly cut, preferably with raspberry jam. Heaven!. The fragrance of home baked bread lingers for most of the day; I smell it late in the evening as I come down the stairs. 

I am the bread of life, says Jesus. Chew on me. Let me be refreshment and nourishment for you. Let me be heaven for you. 

Mmm. The invitation's there, and the bread, I have found, is always fresh,  worth chewing on. It's made real each week, it's a reminder every week, in ' The body of our Lord Jesus Christ, keep you in eternal life', as I eat the bread at Communion. Let it be- a constant source of nourishment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment